Spaghetti with squash blossoms
by Erika Kerekes May-14-2011
A simple springtime pasta. Look for zucchini flowers at farmers’ markets or specialty produce markets – or, if you’re a gardener, on your zucchini plants.
- 1/2 pound spaghetti (I used rigatoni)
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Romano cheese
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- large handful zucchini flowers (squash blossoms), chopped and chop and add the female blossoms and squash
- 1/2 cup garlic chives, chopped ( I used lemon basil and parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.In the bowl in which you’ll serve the pasta, crumble the goat cheese. Add the Romano cheese, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, and 1/2 cup of the pasta water from the pot. Stir until the goat cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy.Drain the spaghetti and add it to the serving bowl. Toss to coat with the goat cheese sauce. Add the squash blossoms and garlic chives, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins Yield: 2 servings